Invaluebale help in restoring old slides...

questions about practical use of Neat Image
ilachina

Invaluebale help in restoring old slides...

Post by ilachina »

On my website I've popsted a large number of digitally "restored" old slides taken in Hawaii between 17 and 20 years ago. Needless to say, despite being safely stored all these years, they showed their fair share of aging. The amount of dust and noise was considerable. Neat image proved **absolutely** invaluable for restoring many of these slides to essentially the same state my "eye" remembers seeing them in so many years ago. I consider myself an advanced amateur user of photoshop, so understand that I hold Neat Image in high esteem **given** the fact that there was simply no way I could coerce photoshop to do even half as well as Neat Image was able to do. Truly, a remarkable product, and an absolute God send to those in need of serious noise removal. The Hawaii images may be viewed here:

http://www.ilachinski.com/Hawaii/hawaii_images.htm

-ilachina
69rugby

Scanned Slides

Post by 69rugby »

ilachina,
It would be great to see some examples before Neat Image processing for comparison purposes, any chance of posting one or two?
I've use Neat Image Demo version to improve some old insect macro slides that I scanned with an HP5370C flatbed scanner with the HP adaptor kit. They were VERY noisy and the change was remarkable in some cases. The ability to sharpen with different "frequency" ranges was particularly useful for the subject matter.
When I've got my Yahoo photos tidied up, I hope to post some examples.
regards,
69rugby.